I have been attending the Awards Ceremony at the New Rochelle High School for the past 8 years now, and while I have been posting a blog each year listing the colleges and universities the top 25 students have selected to attend, I have been sorely remiss in posting their other accomplishments… Not only are their grade point averages superlative, but they are such accomplished individuals too….I finally decided that this year, I would list those also… just so you can see how New Rochelle offers a wonderful education, wonderful programs (attached is the 2014-2015 course offerings – worthy of any Junior college), and how well we compare to the neighboring high schools. While I was jotting down their college choices in one hand, I was also filming the event with the other hand… so I apologize for the choppy film. However, you can see and appreciate firsthand just how diverse New Rochelle is, and what makes us the Queen City of the Sound.
The top 25 students – ranked from 25 – Number 1 as follows:
25) National Honor Society, Co-Captain Varsity La Crosse Team, Captain Freshman Football. Pursuing a Business Degree at the University of Michigan
23) Last 6 years a Magis Scholar at Fairfield University. Student will be attending Fairfield University.
22) National Honor Society, Robotics Team, President of the Mathematics Honor Society, Member of the Football team, Member of the Economics Team, AP Scholar with Honors. Pursuing Computer Science at Stony Brook University.
21) National Honor Society, Co-President Science Olympiad, Co-President Academic Team, Treasurer Economics Team, Pursuing an Economics Major at Carnegie Mellon University.
20) National Honor Society, Vice President Science Honor Society, Music Honor Society, PAVE Voice, Treasure of the French Honor Society, Editor & Chief of the Huguenot Herald, Pursuing Political Science & Law at University of Michigan
19) National Honor Society, First Clarinet in Symphonic Band, Clarinet Volunteer Instructor at Song Catchers, Nyssma Conference All Star 2013, Concert Master of Nyssma, Studying Clarinet Performance & Humanities at Northwestern University.
18) National Honor Society, Co-President Science Olympiad, Vice President of Service National Honor Society, Secretary of Tryon Music Society, Renaissance Gospel Member, Chorale, National Achievement Scholar, Nyssma Conference All-State, Studying Bio Medical Engineering at Cornell University.
17) National Honor Society, Board Position National Honor Society, PAVE Dance, Italian Honor Society, Studying Law & Government at Boston University.
16) National Honor Society, National Mathematics Honor Society, National Finance Chair for Model Congress, Presidential Scholar. Studying Economics & Mathematics at Boston University.
15) National Honor Society, AP Scholar Award, 3 Year Member National Mathematics Honor Society, Secretary of the Economics Team, Artist for Ground Swell Mural Project. Studying Bio Medical Engineering at Cornell University.
14) National Honor Society, Captain of Varsity Tennis & Softball, Volunteer in Costa Rica to aid Underprivileged Children. Studying Sports & Communications at University of Maryland.
13) National Honor Society, Science Olympiad, Vice President of the New Rochelle Youth Council, Tennis Team. Studying Computer Science at University of Michigan.
12) AP Scholar, President of Art National Honor Society, President of Garden Club, President of National Art Honor Society, Fund-Raising Chair of United Cultures Club. Studying Health & Economics at Dartmouth.
11) Junior Statesman of America Chapter President, President National Honor Society, Mock Trial Team Senior Attorney, PAVE Band, 3 Year Song Catchers. Studying Philosophy, Political Science & Economics at Villanova University.
10) National Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, IGNITE Mentor. Studying Architecture at University of Michigan.
9) National Honor Society, Science Honor Society, Secretary of the Mathematics Honor Society, Science Olympiad. Studying Mechanical & Electrical Engineering and minoring in Computer Science at George Washington University.
8) National Honor Society, Tryon Music Honor Society, AP Scholar with Distinction, Harvard Book Award, Cornell Book Award. Studying Environmental Studies & Biological Studies at Vassar College.
7) National Honor Society, Vice President TRYON Music Honor Society, Executive of IGNITE, 4 Years Vocal, Model Congress. Studying Theory & Composition at Vassar College.
6) Mathematics Honor Society Officer, President of Economics Team, 4 year Varsity Tennis, George Washington University Engineering Medal. Studying Computational Finance & Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University.
5) National Honor Society, Vice President of National English Honor Society, Vice President of National Spanish Honor Society, National Achievement Finalist, Westbridge Finalist, Commissioner of New Rochelle Youth Bureau , IGNITE Mentor. Studying International Law at Harvard University.
4) National Honor Society, AP Scholar with Honors, Model Congress, JV & Varsity tennis. Studying Biology at Cornell University.
3) National Honor Society, Treasure New Rochelle Fund for excellence, Arts & Culture Award Winner, La Crosse Captain, Cross Country Team Captain. Majoring in Business at University of Pennsylvania.
2) National Achievement Scholarship Winner, Con Ed Sports Award Winner, Track & Field Team Captain, All County-All Section of Pole Vault, Principal of Viola in Orchestra, Member Junior Statesman of America, IGNITE Member. Studying Engineering at Harvard University.
1) National Honor Society, AP Scholar with Distinction, IGNITE Executive Board Member & Special Needs Mentor, All League Varsity Wrestler varsity. Attending Yale University. Congratulations to the top 25 students and every graduating student at our great High School.
New Rochelle is GREAT!
Copyright 2014 GayERosen