Okay – so you are traveling to your family, and spending the weekend, and are dreading the fact that you might not be able to exercise for a few days! Not the case! Make the most of your weekend, as Michael Conlon has created the Annual New Rochelle Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot Race. It is a wonderful and fun way in which to start the day – exercising and also giving to so many worthwhile charities at the same time. All of the proceeds go to local charities. This years’ charities are “My Brothers Keeper” ( Jared Rice was on hand to say a few words too), Boys and Girls Clubs of New Rochelle, Hope Community Services New Rochelle , The Fuller Center for Housing, The New Rochelle Campership Fund, Boys and Girl Scouts of New Rochelle and the William B. Ward P.T.A. Where else will you encounter so many people dressed up as turkeys, (Yeti man was there too), and simply making it fun for all! There was hot chocolate, apple cider donuts compliments of DeCiccio & Sons), T-shirts, mugs and glasses to purchase (still time to purchase – just contact Michael Conlon) .
Live Music by Stephen Byfield
– Kid’s Zone featuring: A bouncy-house (It was too windy but perhaps next year!) and obstacle course by Unforgettable Amusements & face painting by Kristen Whalen and NikiAnn Ryan
– New Rochelle Turkey Trot PHOTO BOOTH (gather for a family photo)
– Apple Cider Donuts for all trotters provided by DeCicco and Sons
– HOT coffee & HOT cocoa provided by the Cub Scouts Pack 1 of New Rochelle
– New Rochelle Turkey Trot GEAR & momentos), face painting, a great DJ too!
2019 marks the fourth annual race, and each year the number of participants is growing! Nearly 1500 registrants this year, and since it is the ONLY Thanksgiving Day race in the area, there were participants from Stony Point Long Island and beyond!
It was such a fun morning. The National Anthem was sung. SO many wonderful volunteers.
RESULTS 2019. A full list of race results can be found on RaceWire:
The Sponsors were:
email@example.com – did we mention you will get free Turkey Trot gear?
Contemporary Design Home Improvement
– Dr. Martin Rube, Dentist
– AJ’s Burgers
– DeCicco and Sons
– Pablo Valencia Landscaping
– A Game Sports
– Gay Rosen Real Estate (Oh my – Moi – me!)
– Wykagyl Cleaners
– Young Life
– Club Pilates
– Home Light
Access to merchandise : Michael Conlon !
Wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season!
New Rochelle is GREAT!Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2019 Gay Rosen