With the weather so beautiful today, surely spring must be just around the corner!
Homes are first entering the market in the Larchmont area, and if you are considering the area and need a little persuasion – then here are 5 reasons to help you understand the Larchmont vibe, what a great community it is, and how you will find your forever home!
- The Performing Arts Curriculum Experience at the Mamaroneck High School
The schools are sought after and for good reason!
2) Swim Across America . You might ask why I write this as a reason to live in Larchmont, but this annual event is indicative of the community itself in raising money for others, in helping those who have cancer, and to bringing friends, family from far and wide together for an unbelievable and such a worthwhile event. The date this year is July 30th!
3) Manor Park and Beach . If you reside in the area, or even close to the area, then you have probably walked through Manor Park, taken scenic memorable photographs (perhaps capturing the wonderful sunsets) or perhaps taken your easel there to paint the wondrous views. Located in the Manor is the Horseshoe Yacht Club , which is well known for its adult and Junior sailing programs!
4) As a Realtor, we always emphasize, location, location, location. I would be so remiss if I didn’t mention that Larchmont is so very close to New York City (just 21 miles away); has a wonderful European flavor (partly due to the local French American School), offers some fine restaurants, great beach clubs, and some spectacular homes. Oh, and so many homes are located very close to the train station too!
5) Family events. From the Ragamuffin parade held in October, to Big Truck Day/ Street Fair for the whole family, the art exhibits, outdoor concerts and movie nights in the parks or just the community race events, there is always something for everyone in the Larchmont area!
Come and visit,. You will love it! Dont have a Realtor? Call me!
Larchmont is GREAT!